Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Big Box and a Dream

Ok so I had NO idea how big my box of meds would be when the pharmacy said they were going to overnight it to me. They sent me 3 cartridges of Follitism, 2 ovidrel, and 2 ganirelix, the disposable needle thing, another follitism pen, some yummy smell-good Bath and Body Works hand sanitizer, and a little pink slip that said, "We would love for you to send us a picture of your baby to encourage patients who come to our office who also struggle with infertility." Which I thought was kind of sweet :) Thanks for being so confident that I will get pregnant pharmaceutical company!

 I told them to send it to my office at work since I wasn't sure what time it would arrive and I didn't want it to be left outside at my house. Well, my boss brings this huge box back to my office and I was like Oh no! Please don't check the shipping address! Haha. If he did I'm sure he was very confused.

I gave myself my first follitism pen shot last night. 50 IU. I made husband watch me so he could see how tough I am. ha. It was pretty easy once I got through it. I think I have got the hang of it now.

My mom also emailed me this morning and told me she wanted to pay for my next IUI. It made me want to cry. I told her we were good for this round and she said she would put her “grandbaby money” in a sock. Lol. She’s so sweet. She also told me that she had a dream last night that I announced my pregnancy at my friend's gender reveal party (which in real life was last week and I did not go). In the dream I was going to put the ultrasound DVD in and it was going to tell if I was pregnant or not. Dream mom and dad had to leave early from the party before my big news and I was very upset. Mom was fussing at my dad for making them leave so they returned to the dream party and I was happy again. We popped in the DVD and she said that no one could see anything on it and we are all confused. The End.

Sounds pretty accurate. Infertility is one confusing dream!
So I go in Monday for a scan and we will then schedule IUI#2

Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Your mom was so sweet to offer to pay for the next round, but hopefully you won't need it and she can use it to spoil her grandbzby instead. The pharmacy sounds really considerate asking for a picture of your future little one=) I hope this round gives you your rainbow! Sending you lots of sticky baby dust!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You are brave - I probably would have avoided it as long as possible, and then freaked out for about 15 minutes beforehand. I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete