Wednesday, July 27, 2011

RE Appointment

Bonus to being Hannah (from the Bible) she didn't have to sit in a cold doctor's office under a thin paper sheet waiting for the nurse to come in to have a vaginal ultrasound.

Downside to being Hannah she probably would have appreciated all the technology and intervention we have today (after being totally weirded out by it at first).

I had another RE appointment this morning. Bright and early at 7 am. My only upside for enduring such early appointments is that I get to go to starbucks afterward and I get to work early so I get to leave a little early. But *yawn* I'm tired!

The appointment was fine. At first she scared me because she was like, "Sweetie, I'm not seeing too much on here." But then I reminded her that I had been taking birth-control to make a leftover cyst/follicle go away and she said "Oh! Right! I forgot to look at your chart. Well, in that case everything is looking exactly as it's supposed to. Quiet." She said my lining looked good (8mm). So normally I would stop the bc right away and get back on my fertility drugs but since I am going on vacation next week she said I could wait until the end of my vacay to stop the bc. Because who wants to be on their period on the beach? I told her it's also been a little nice to have a break from the constant worry and tracking of my cycle. 3 weeks off would have, in the past, completely bummed me out. I would have been thinking "We can't waste a single day!" And I still want to get going with IUI, but once we have gone there, if it doesn't work...that's it for me. So...waiting 3 weeks now...I'm just delaying getting to that point by a few weeks. What positive thinking huh? haha. I've been struggling with thinking it's just never going to happen. I know that fear is not from God.

I heard a song on the radio yesterday called, "Today is the Day" It was such an encouraging song. I've heard it before but I was so grabbed by it on my way home. I am determined to believe that God is faithful and not worry about tomorrow. Sometimes it's good just to declare the things you know are true. It helps my heart to hang on to the truth.



"I won't worry about tomorrow. 
I'm giving you my fears and sorrows. 
Where you lead me I will follow 
I'm trusting in what you say
Today is the day."

No comments:

Post a Comment